Thursday, January 28, 2016

Blog Post Religion Online January 29, 2016

Blog Post Religion Online January 29, 2016

            There are many aspects of life that influence the path of your life, these can be religion or a calling for a talent, or perhaps a family expectation to do something with your life that generations past have done. Everyone has a different starting point, which can be important in defining your opinions on life and your path. This can be better broken down into two preconceived ideas about two perennial questions.

Who is writing the script of my life? And who’s to say what’s right?

There are a few things that I assume to be true when thinking about who is writing the script of my life. I assume certain aspects of my path that are inherent due to where I’m placed in society. For example, I’m born into a family that lives in the north-east that is fairly well off that acts a certain way and brought me up in a way that they found to be best for my character. For this reason, my parents and past generations play a significant part in defining the start of my path. While this is something I assume to be a significant part of the script of my life, the people around me also play a significant role in the writing of the script of my life. They influence me and remind me of the thing that is right and wrong, guiding me on the path that they believe to be the one that I want to follow. Along with the general population swaying my path in different directions comes the most important aspect of the script, which is of course myself, the person making the calls everyday, deciding what kind of a person I want to be. This is something that I also assume to be true. I believe that I have free will, meaning I can choose to take different paths good and bad, and that it’s the people around me that propose the questions in the changing of my path.

Then comes the question of, who’s to say who is right? I believe that many people would agree with what I have to say about the very tangible aspects of our human lives that influence our path are right, with exception to maybe what I have to say about free will. Regardless, this then brings the question of whether or not there is an intervention of higher power into the path that we choose to take in our life, or whether there is any higher power at all. This is the aspect of our paths that tend to differ. I personally feel as though if there is a higher power that it’s more passive when it comes to our decisions. Our decisions are our own to make good or bad. In my opinion everyone’s views  on this are as good as any other as long as they live a life that is good.


No comments:

Post a Comment