Friday, January 29, 2016

"Who is writing the script of my life? Who's to say what is right?"



Whenever I read the question, “Who is writing the script of my life,” I immediately think that God is. I grew up in a baptist church, so this is something I have been taught since I was young girl. Beyond being taught this, I also believe this to be true. I believe that God has a plan for my life, and that he is guiding me through it. Although, I believe that God gives me options and choices that I can make throughout my life, yet he is still in control. As humans, God gave us the ability to make our own choices. We do mess up and we do make the wrong decisions at times. But overall, I still believe that God is in control even when you feel like your life is out of control. Now by saying this, I do not know the reasonings behind events that happen in my life. I also believe that it is okay to not know the reasonings behind things. For me that the hardest part about this is trusting where God leads me. Like I said before, you don't know the reasoning behind things that happen in your life, because of this it can sometimes be hard to trust God. Especially when thing just are not going your way.

To beginning figuring out this question, I will need to read through the Bible and find the verses that apply to it. I also think that sermons and devotionals will be great resources for figuring out this question for my life. Sometimes God does not want us to know everything, so I need to be content when I do not find all the answers.

“Who’s to say what is right,” is a very interesting question. Disobeying the Ten Commandments is something I know is considered wrong. There are various behaviors that some people consider to be okay, but there are also people who consider those same behaviors to be wrong. This question is challenging because there are a lot of other grey areas associated with it. Due to the fact that we are all human and have all sinned, we are not fit to determine what is right and what is wrong. This is determined by God. Jesus was perfect. Jesus never sinned; therefore, he is the only one who is capable of saying what is wrong and what is right. As a Christian, I strive to be like Jesus and to never sin, but I am a human and I fall short.

The question, “Who’s to say what is right,” is one that I believe we, as humans, can never fully answer. For us, there are so many grey areas in life because we struggle with seeing the bigger picture. The Bible is also an excellent resource with many examples of right and wrong choices. We can always try to understand what is the right choice, but we will never be perfect. God is the only one who can determine what is right and what is wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment